Training for junior academic staff entitled “Contemporary Methods and Forms of Teaching” was held at the University of Sarajevo on 22 and 23 February 2018. The training was organised within the Erasmus + project Re@WBC – Enhancement of HE Research Potential Contributing to Further Growth of the WB Region, for the purpose of improvement and development of teaching skills of junior teaching staff of the University of Sarajevo.
Trainers were professors of pedagogy and andragogy from the Faculty of Philosophy of the University of Sarajevo, participants were junior teaching staff of the University of Sarajevo. The training was an excellent opportunity for improvement of teaching skills for the staff at the beginning of their teaching carers as well as for exchange of ideas, thoughts, and advice with experienced professors.
The topics discussed were as follows:
- Teaching process within Humboldt’s vision of education: valuing, teaching process and research;
- Learning outcomes and Bloom’s taxonomy;
- Role and competencies of the university teacher in 21 st century;
- Creative techniques in work with students and communication;
- Methods of active learning and evaluation of learning outcomes.